Other Telecommunications Service Providers
"Other Telecommunications Service Providers" are providers of telecommunications services other than basic local exchange services and interexchange MTS/WATS long distance service.
Before providing services in Idaho, these companies must file a notice with the Idaho Public Utilities, providing a description of the services to be offered and contact names and addresses of the provider, as specified in IDAPA 31.42.01, Rule 202. This notice is to be updated annually and whenever there is a change.
They are subject to the Commission's Title 62 authority, codified at Idaho Code §§ 62-601 et seq. Title 62 generally requires that these companies pay annual regulatory fees (minimum $50, see § 62-611); contribute and report to the Idaho USF (see 62-610 and implementing rules); submit to the Commission's complaint resolution procedures (62-616); contribute and report to the Idaho TRS and Telephone Service Assistance Programs (62-1301 and 56-901 respectively).
- Title 62 Code, Chapter 6 Telecommunications Act of 1988
- Title 61, Section 61-1001 through 61-1008 - Special Regulatory Fee
- Title 61, Section 61-1301 through 61-1306 - Telecommunications Relay Services
- The Telephone Customer Relations Rules, IDAPA 31.41.01
- Rules for Telephone Corporations Subject to the Regulation of the Idaho Public Utilities Commission under the Telecommunications Act of 1988, IDAPA 31.42.01
- Rules for Universal Service Fund, IDAPA 31.46.01
- Rules for Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), IDAPA 31.46.02
- IPUC Rules of Procedure, IDAPA 31.01.01